Senior Real Estate Analysts play a critical role at Berkadia, utilizing their expertise in CRE finance or investment sales to lead analytical projects, mentor junior analysts, and to support Berkadia’s JV Equity & Structured Capital Group professionals meet the needs of Berkadia’s customers. The Senior Analyst will have experience working on several real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process driven tasks to drive transactions to closing.
- Support JV Equity & Structured Capital Group execute transactions
- Lead research projects to gather information on clients & capital sources
- Review, refine and build real estate financial models with a specific focus on equity (e.g. waterfalls, etc.)
- Follow up with clients & capital sources to ensure information flow is seamless during transaction executions
- Manage JV Equity & Structured Capital Group pipeline, due diligence portals, and capital source database
- Lead team’s efforts in utilizing Company’s technology solutions and Hyderabad office to help the team, clients & capital sources
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Previous experience with building financial models and reviewing financial models, especially with respect to equity (e.g. waterfalls, etc.)
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Ability to interface with clients and capital sources
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to synthesize complex financial concepts into understandable and marketable summaries (writing sample may be requested).
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to operate with limited physical oversight both during and outside normal business hours
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.