Post Appraisal Development Tracking

• Anonymous
    Inactive
    5 years, 5 months ago #2544

Hi Steve

Thanks for your your mode. It has been really informative and guiding to build new model.
    I have question for enhancement of this model.

Post appraisal and investment how can I use this model to track my development costs.i.e. to compare the project costs against budget on an ongoing basis and use the model for project reporting purpose.

I believe I can use the budget TAB and create a reporting module but I would also like to inculcate the forecasting option for CTC of the project.

Would appreciate your guidance on this.

Thanks
    Pratik

Spencer Burton
    Keymaster
    5 years, 5 months ago #2998

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for the comment/suggestion. The Ai1 is meant to be used as a forecasting and valuation tool. I hadn’t considered adding reporting capabilities, but I will add it to the list of suggestions and take a look at what that would involve. If doing so isn’t too difficult, I’ll add a reporting module.

Spencer

Anonymous
    Inactive
    5 years, 5 months ago #3000

Thanks for the prompt reply Spencer

I believe It would involve taking the budget TAB and then creating a Proforma based on Budget TAB to track the actuals for each line and Reforecasting on same lines.

Am I correct. If you can guide me how should I proceed with creating the reporting module it would be helpful.

Thanks
    Pratik

Spencer Burton
    Keymaster
    5 years, 5 months ago #3002

To forecast within the bounds of the Ai1’s current functionality,my suggestion would be to to change the forecasting method on the ‘Budget’ tab for each budget item to ‘Manual Input’, and then manually enter the actuals followed by manually forecasting the going forward cash flows.

Forecasting the going forward cash flows in a straight-line fashion is simple. What’s difficult is if you want to continue an s-curve going forward. I wrote a blog post and shared a model that offers one solution to the actual+forecast s-curve conundrum: https://www.adventuresincre.com/actual-forecast-construction-draw-schedule-with-s-curve/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.