About this Episode – [UPDATED] Model Like A Deal Seasoned Pro
Welcome to the A.CRE Audio Series! On this episode, I am here once again with the creators of the Adventures in CRE website, Spencer Burton and Michael Belasco. When the A.CRE Real Estate Financial Modeling Accelerator started we had a hypothesis about how to help people learn financial modeling in the shortest amount of time possible. It has been a success and come a long way since then.
Today, our prestigious group of Accelerator graduates continues to grow. We count as graduates, individuals from top universities and companies who have successfully leveraged the Accelerator program to take the next step in their CRE careers. Other graduates are entrepreneurs, who use what they learned in the program to make more informed investment decisions and speak the language of their investors and/or lenders.
During our time today we talk about a variety of topics all centered around becoming a master in real estate financial modeling. We walk through the evolution of the Accelerator and how it will continue to evolve. We have some exciting changes coming that you won’t want to miss. Learn more in this episode.
Show Notes – S2E11: [UPDATED] Model Like A Deal Seasoned Pro
- Becoming a master in real estate financial modeling [1:47]
- We have received a lot of emails asking us how to become proficient in real estate financial modeling.
- We have our blog but decided we needed a program and step by step process to learn how to model deals.
- This program is case based. At the end of each course there is a case study for the individual to complete.
- Having context [6:28]
- You may learn the mechanics, but you don’t really understand what you’re doing so part of it is context.
- The other part is the framework to think about cash flows.
- The anatomy of the DCF is a little more complex than that of a bond.
- The Accelerator gives you a framework to think about cash flows.
- The evolution of the Accelerator [8:48]
- We started with a launch group and the reception was incredible.
- We closed it off and then had time to evaluate and gain feedback.
- Like any technology you have to update. We continue to find little things. We are anxious to fix and update things.
- The feedback and response we have received is overwhelmingly positive.
- We are focusing on meeting your needs.
- We have two surveys that someone takes in the Accelerator.
- What do you like about the program and what would you change?
- What is available to people through Accelerator [16:15]
- As of 2020 we have our advanced concept section.
- There are a lot of ways to do tasks and we are showing you one way we would do the task.
- What goes on the forum [19:44]
- We use forums. These forums aren’t like traditional forums. These forums are ways to interact with us directly.
- New content going forward [22:46]
- As the forums continue to grow, at some point we will have to create tool to be able to search throughout the forums.
- We continue to improve as we receive feedback and membership grows.
- We will be continually growing our library and adding a bunch of practice financial modeling tests.
- One piece is tests and one is case studies. We are working on adding more case studies.