Excited to share my RV Park Acquisition Model with you all. This is a model I developed out over the past few months as I’ve been getting more involved in the space. Camping and RVing have provided my family, friends, and I with some of the greatest experiences and memories of my lifetime. “Getting away from it all” and being closer to nature has always been extremely beneficial for me and over the past year I’ve decided to get directly involved in the RV park and campground investment space.
While at the time of writing this post, it is a bit more of an unconventional asset class, it is quickly gaining momentum with investors of all sizes. As such, I felt it was timely to put this model out for our readers.
RV Park Acquisition Model Overview
The model is extremely simple, very intuitive, and easy to use and comes with the following four worksheets:
- Summary: This worksheet is where you input all of your assumptions and see all of your returns for the RV Park.
- Annual CF: This is the annual cash flow tab where you can see your projected cash flows on an annual basis.
- Monthly CF: This is the monthly cash flow tab where you can see your projected cash flows on an annual basis.
- Waterfall: This is where you can manage your partnership return structure between a GP and LP. It comes with the ability to alter between IRR and Equity Multiple hurdles, has the ability to model for two hurdles, and also provides the option for a preferred return for the LP.
RV Park Acquisition Videos
Version 1.1 Update
Download the RV Park Acquisition Model
To make this model accessible to everyone, it is offered on a “Pay What You’re Able” basis with no minimum (enter $0 if you’d like) or maximum (your support helps keep the content coming – typical real estate development models sell for $100 – $300+ per license). Just enter a price together with an email address to send the download link to, and then click ‘Continue’. If you have any questions about our “Pay What You’re Able” program or why we offer our models on this basis, please reach out to either Mike or Spencer.
We regularly update the model. Paid contributors to the model receive a new download link via email each time the model is updated.
- Added initial cap ex requirement
- Added franchise fees
- Switched the op ex expense inputs to hard coded year 1 numbers rather than being dependant as a percentage of EGR
- Added ability to add asset management fees to to Waterfall tab
- Added Cash on cash metrics to unlevered and levered Annual Cash Flow
- Added average Cash on Cash metric to return assumptions for project level returns
- Fixed error in cell I71 in Waterfall tab
- Initial model launch